I recently picked up a Trachyphyllia Radiata that had been damaged in
the care of another reefer. I’m not sure if it’s because of the damage or not,
but it seems very very picky about what it eats.
I’ve been wanting to try a new coral food mixture for a while, and decided that
now is as good a time as any. Here’s my planned mix:
- 6 fresh mussels
- 6 fresh clams
- 6 fresh oysters
- 3 whole shrimp
- 1/2 package frozen sea urchins
- 1/2 package frozen fish roe
- 4 oz decapsulated Artemia nauplii
- 1/4 cup red, green, and brown seaweed, after soaking
- 2 oz marine flake food
- 2 oz small food pellets
- 1 tbsp liquid vitamin (Selco, etc)
- Soak the seaweed in fresh (dechlorinated) water until soft.
- Thaw all of the frozen ingredients in a bowl
- Remove shells from all seafood.
- Crush all dry ingredients into a powder.
- Add liquid vitamins to the powdered ingredients.
- Liquify all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Freeze in Ziplock bags in thin flats or small compartment ice cube trays